1. What kind of materials do you use? The ONLY kind of sap I make is leather, filled with lead shot. I stitch these by hand, and for the time being, I do not cast lead, or put springs in the body of the sap, owing to the limitations of my equipment and experience. There are other excellent makers out there who are more qualified to make flat saps and blackjacks.
2. Are these legal to carry? The saps I make would be legal to own just about anywhere, but carrying one on your person might be considered an offensive weapon, it varies a lot from state to state. It is your responsibility to know the law regarding weapons where you reside. I sell these as collectibles. Seriously, that's not just me covering my ass. I would never recommend my saps as a primary means of personal protection. They could be used as an impact weapon by a skilled fighter, but there are lots of better options. I make these for people who simply appreciate hand crafted goods and the nostalgia factor. They make nice paperweights or massage tools for those qualified in various types of bodywork.
3. How do I order/ How much will it cost? Please message me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me know the following:
- What length sap you want, 6.5-9 inches.
- What color sap you want. (I always have black, brown, saddle tan and oxblood. I often have other colors too, just ask.)
- Whether you want it to have a strap or no strap.
I will respond to your inquiry to confirm I can fulfill your order, then accept payment via Paypal accordingly. My lead time on orders is approximately one week. This is subject to change if I have to travel, I will let you know.
The cost for each sap will be $60 shipped within the USA through October 31, 2014. I will be raising my prices as of November 1st.
If you have a request for a special design or some sort of embellishment, feel free to ask me about it. If I cannot do it myself, I will do my best to refer you to someone who can. Please direct any questions to me directly, rather than the comments section, as I will get the message faster. Thanks.